Friday, January 7, 2011

Skl farewell-less abt skl, more abt me :P

It was 7th January .It was early in the morning and chill was at its height. i was in a deep slumber when my sleep was disturbed by a phone call. "Hello? Shubham i hope you are coming to the farewell?" On the other end was my best friend Pooja. (you all must be wondering how many best friends i have but thats the way i am..all the friends i have are my best friends!!) Even though i was in no mood to go to the carnival, i had promised her last night tht i would be there. "Yeah! I am coming." and i hung up. I looked at my wrist watch (which i never remove even when i am sleeping or taking shower), and my adrenalin glands geared up for an emergency. It was 6:30 and my bus could be arriving any moment. I tried my best to get ready in time. So what if i had to take bath in cold water and skip breakfast. Remembering that still gives me chills. And it was after all this that i realised I wasnt going by bus, but it was my friend Bhanu who was supposed to pick me up!! I had dressed in a red embroideried kurta(this was the dress code :( ) with suitable shoes which starting hurting me soon after 5 minutes i had put them on. I called up Bhanu.."Bhanu!! you are late!! how much time do u take dressing up?" "heyy!! I am just about to reach there. Not able to figure out your address. Can you come at mocha so that it is convenient for me to pick you?" said Bhanu. "Alright" and i hung up. (yea..mocha is right next to me house!! isnt that great?). As i stepped out of my cozy house, my face and fingers went numb due to the cold weather outside. It seemed as if the temperature was some minus zillion degrees. The cold was agony. It attacked me like fire. Every pore of my body screamed into protest. Quickly, i typed a msg to Bhanu with my fumbling fingers "wanna see me alive? come soon!!".
(After reaching school)
I entered my school and saw 11th graders(i am one of em) standing in two lines facing eachother to form a passage for welcoming 12th graders. From a considerable distance i could hear my friends howling "Shubham aa gaya!! Shubham aa gaya! (shubham has come)".As i headed towards my friends, I expected a row of compliments. The first one is a memorable one which i received from pooja, "havent you taken a bath?!!".hah! I didnt bother to stand in the lines. I was still shivering and my teeth were clattering horribly. I shook hands with friends and headed for the school farmhouse where the event had been organised and straight away to the bonfire to cherish some warmth. In the process I forgot to praise Pooja, who had dresses in red suit and was most probably expecting compliments from me and sahaj who had dressed in a black kurta.
(Now finally i explain the farewell :P sorry to keep you waiting :P)
The farmhouse was full of boys and girls looking stunning in their assigned dress codes. 11th graders were falunting shiny and colourful indian formals. Girls were usually wearing suits and boys kurtas. 12th graders were looking fab in their classy western formals. We were given seats (thankgod!) in front of the stage which lies exactly in the centre of the farm house. The host of the show, Vaishali Gauba, who once happened to me by best friend too was looking amazingly beautiful in her pink saree. The function started with giving away of titles, which were in my opinion-HILARIOUS!! The one which got imprinted on my mind is "lets do shava shava for ritika pahwa :P) This was followed by personality paegant, conducted to decide Mr. Ryan and Ms. RYan. Throughout the show, my friends and I had our eyes fixed on the food stalls. Hell! cat and mice were playing hide and seek in our stomachs. And the last part,ofcourse as expected was Dj. Hell! We all go insane when we go on the dance floor. And then...THEN KYA YAAR KITNA LUKHUN..USKE BAAD GHAR GAYE..BACCHE KI JAAN LOGE KYA...CLOSING THIS ONE..KEEP READING FOR MORE

1 comment: